Let me start by saying I love breakfast, and I have no shame in admitting that I’ve eaten breakfast food for every meal of my day on more than one occasion. My go-to favorite is eggs over medium paired with bacon and avocado—but sometimes it’s fun to be a little indulgent. Sometimes you just need pancakes.
When choosing your banana you can go one of two ways. A ripe banana will make your pancakes sweeter and higher in natural sugar. A green banana will make your pancakes less sweet and will be packed full of gut-healthy resistant starches. Choose according to your dietary needs and/or weight loss goals.
These pancakes are featured in the book Paleo Girl.
- Add banana, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla to a medium bowl and mash together.
- Grease skillet with butter and turn on the stove to medium heat.
- Pour batter into skillet to make a three- to four-inch wide pancake.
- Cook until lightly browned on one side, then carefully flip the pancake.
- Continue cooking until pancake is cooked throughout.
- Repeat until batter is gone; re-greasing skillet between each batch of pancakes.